[VAC] Re: After Stripping....

It has been 26 months since I polished my 16' Bubble and topped off the
use of the three rolite polishes with Rolite Premium Car Polish and
Sealant.  Since that time I have not done a thing except a bit of
experimenting with the Cyclo/cloth polishing routine.  My unit looks
"almost" as good now as it did originally  and have been surprised the
finish has held up so well.  I intended to apply a second coat of the
Sealant after a year but I saw no need.  Then decided I would wait until
I polished again, which I have kept postponing.  As time passed I got
curious as to how long the finish would hold up.   However, I have
recently purchased a Cyclo and in Sept. will do another polish job with
the Cyclo and cloth method. I am going to try the Nuvite polish also and
compare it with the AP300.  Nuvite has a bit more granuales in it  and
although I don't seem to have a lot of oxidation build up I know it is
there and thus a little more cutting power may be appropriate.

I think the sealant did a good job as I didn't have any bird dropping
staining problems for the first year and a half  but did have some since
then  and I suspect my sealant at top levels had worn off.   I might add
my unit sits outside and we have lot of birds in the surrounding trees.
The air in southern New Mexico is pretty clean  and I suspect is a major
reason the finish has held up so well.  Also the metal in the 50's
trailers seems to have a pretty hard finish and may also contribute to
its hardiness in holding a polish. However, I recommend use of the
sealant and will use it next time after polishing  and then more
frequently then previously.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC