[VAC] Re: '74 Argosy Electrical Problems . . .

Yep, Dr. G.

The GFI really did it's job.  The previous owner didn't object to running a
surface lead and I suppose that was supposed to correct the problem - like
the hot might have had a temporary short that burned enough wire to separate
the wires.  Without the GFI in my shore power, I wouldn't have known about
the short for a while - then, I do use one of those little plug in idiot
light things that tells about the status of the circuit.  Hadn't got that
far this time as the GFI wouldn't allow power to the Argosy.

I wish the belly had a small plate with a label, but not so in this case.
The '69 Safari had a receptacle behind the propane tanks.  Access to the
connections is from the inside of the Safari.  Two simple installations, but
not on this unit!  I could cut an access if I knew generally where the
junction box is.  The Safari ran lines through the A frame to about the door
and then back through another frame member to the front, then up the front
between the windows to the overhead control panel.  Really tough to trace!

Unfortunately it seems that I'll have to start opening the belly. :(

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

                                                  '74 Argosy, Joy