[VAC] Re: '74 Argosy TV antennae vs. satellite?.

Hi Terry,

I have DirecTV at home and I'm quite familiar with pointing the dish, etc.
However, I'm not inclined to purchase a roof-top dish.  Rather, I'll most
likely use one of the free standing dish units.  What style are you using?

Good thing the satellite provider didn't know where the unit was other than
the receiver was in the bedroom. Ahh, but which bedroom?  The one in the
house or the one in the Safari?  :)  To be truthful, I gave up my DirecTV a
year ago.  Sometimes I miss it, but the $s in my wallet remind me that this
retiree made the right choice. :)

Most of the overnight stays in a campground were a period of rest and the
TV, if available, doesn't get used enough to pay additional for the service.
When I camped with the van, I had to have water and electric.  Typically
this meant that I had to use an RV site with full facilities.  Not much
difference in cost, but lots of extras included in the price.  Seemed to be
too much work making all the connections for an overnighter.  Electric was
critical as the evening temperatures dipped  below freezing during the fall.
Camping with the Argosy or Safari will be a complete change from past
camping.  All this meaning that I don't have enough experience to pass
judgment on the campgrounds.  I have noticed a tremendous difference in
costs without much difference in facility.  I do appreciate clean
toilet/shower facilities!  Also, I'm kind of partial to the catered evening
meals.  For Breakfast, I prefer Denny's "Grand Slam".

I noticed during several East/West crossings that many RVs pull off the main
roadway and do not use campgrounds.  Think they made the trek before and
knew where this was possible.  However, I like the margin of personal safety
provided by the commercial campgrounds.

                                                '69 Safari, Joy