[VAC] Re: E-mag worries

Andy,
  The 55-amp Inteli-Power is $249.00 from Camping World, the 40-amp unit
is $219.00. PC prices are $224.10 and $197.10, respectively, with the
Charge Wizard being $25.00/$23.39. However, the I-P is on sale right now
at $179.00, IIRC (don't quote me on that). There are better prices
available from other vendors, of course.

I don't think anyone is knocking the new UniVolt, but that's not what
most Vintage users have in their trailers. You're correct that they were
probably state of the art at that time, but are sadly lacking by today's
standards. No doubt the new one is quite suitable, but this is the first
I've seen it mentioned.

Does the new UniVolt use high-frequency technology so it can weigh < 5#
like the Inteli-Power? Could you post some technical data like
Progressive Dynamics has on the I-P? (see http://www.progressivedyn.com
for details) Will the new UniVolt operate w/o a battery being connected?
(the I-P will)

As far as "unresearched items", the I-P hardly falls into this category.
Not only is Progressive Dynamics a first-rate outfit, many Listees have
installed the Inteli-Power and reported very good results. You can't get
much better research than that, IMO.

                                <<Jim>>