[VAC] Re: Asbestos flooring

After all the discussion on this topic I woke up this morning.  Put on my
long clothes and a bandana and some latex gloves and went to work.  I used a
wide putty knife and some channel locks to grip the tiles.  I started in the
head at 7:30 AM and was finished at 9:15 AM.  Most tiles lifted up like
butter.  A few broke in half which was no big deal.

I did the bathroom closets and under the reefer.  I did not do (YET) the
tile under the couches.  There's about once inch sticking out right now.  I
am debating whether to loosen the couches (HOW?) and finish the last
remnants or just removing the tile up to the edge of the couches and
reflooring with Armstrong tile.
My apologies to those who I poo-pood after they recommended not going under
the couches.

The subfloor looks good.  There is a little water stain/damage in the head
and where the hatch opens.  I have all but given up on cork flooring because
it appears to be too expensive and requires more maintenance that Vinyl
tile.  I'm on a search for Armstrong Stepmaster (slip retardant) Vinyl Tile.

BTW The Armstrong site is way cool!  http://armstrong.com

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari - Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA  (where Rio San Luis Rey meets El Pacifico)