[VAC] tongue set-up

I actually wondered about this.  The original pigtail from the tow vehicle
ran in the "boxed" channel.  I am replacing the pigtail but was planning to
run it in the same way.  Since all the connections are in the belly this
seemed like the way to go.   And then because the pigtail was already there
It seemed natural to run the battery cable there as well.  If there is a
better way to do this I would be very interested to know.  I have very good
access right now which will not always be true.  For example I could pull
all the wires up into the front of the coach if there is a good way to get
the pigtail and battery wires there.  While the tongue looks and feels solid
There is definitely rust inside which I cannot get at to clean or paint.  I
don't want to contribute to further deterioration.  Is there anything that
can be done to arrest the rust that is already in there?  The welds are not
solid along the length so it will always be possible for rain to get in
there.

Thanks again,

Dick
1962 Bambi