[VAC] tongue set-up

This sounds like very good advice but my little trailer has nothing
resembling a distribution block for the 12 volt wiring.  I was planning to
install a fuse block which I purchased from the local RV dealer.  This would
give me up to 6 fused lines for interior wiring to the refer, water pump,
lights etc.  The fuse block and case I purchased has no ground lug at all so
I was planning to ground to the frame and install a jumper to the aluminum
body.  All original 12 volt lines in the walls are hot only and the fixtures
are grounded to the interior walls.  Running lights, brake lights etc. are
grounded to the exterior walls.  The original pigtail from the tow vehicle
was grounded to the body and the battery which I was going to do as well.

Should I be installing a grounding lug in this little fuse block case?  Do I
screw it right to the steel case?  Do I run the ground from the pigtail and
the battery to this lug and then a jumper to the frame and body?

I should probably mention that the trailer also has a 110 volt system which
has circuit breakers and is grounded inside the breaker box.  I plan to use
this pretty much as is.

I would also like to know the proper size wire to run from the battery for a
small trailer with relatively low demand.  I will have five 12 volt lights
maximum,  a very small dometic refrigerator which requires 8 amps and a
suburban furnace.  I would like to install a "disaster" fuse at the battery
as suggested earlier.  Would a 40 amp fuse handle this?  I know there is a
formula for this but I just can't seem to remember it.

Thanks for the help.

Dick
1962 Bambi