[VAC] Aluminum Termination Cap

Thanks for all the helpful information...we have learned more about "dump
caps" than I ever really wanted to know!  The biggest bits are:

1.  This only seems to effect pre-'65 trailers because after '65 Airstream
switched over from the "fry pan" to the "standard" fittings used today.
2.  The replacement part has been unavailable for 30+/- years.
3.  None of the caps (Thetford, Valterra, etc.) available today will fit, we
weren't imagining it.

We aren't yet giving up hope in locating an oldie, but it looks like we may
be upgrading the whole dump valve system soon...

We're still open to options...

Shari

P.S.  If you want to see what we are looking for, a picture has been posted
at: www.insideout-design.net/maxwell/during/pieces/dumpcap.jpg ...Thanks to
Arlen & Shirley Manning