[VAC] Re: Help with new upholstery (how to?)

I've got a friend two trailers down who does upholstery.  We got to chatting
about re-upholstering my Safari.  She recommended that I go check out this
huge store called UFO which has every sort of upholstery fabric.  I even
found a blue that almost matches the original.  It was one of the cheaper at
$12 per yard.  Your $10 price is VERY reasonable.  Make sure it is good
cloth.  The extra dense foam comes in 4" and 5" thickness.  It looks like
the original was 4" but it's a bit squished after 36 years.  The foam costs
$75 for 12"x96".  It would take four slabs of foam to completely re-do the
coach.

I have to admit that some of the contemporary fabrics, especially the light
southwestern colors have a real appeal for me.  Would it hurt the value of
the coach to go away from the stock upholstery?  Suddenly I am getting
excited to do drapes and couches.  Oh well :)

Best of luck with your project and maybe get another bid that won't make you
wait so long.
Bob
66 Safari in Oceanside,
http://members.cox.net/bobkiger