[VAC] Re: YA old bowen WH question

To see a photo of the outside cover for a 10-gallon Bowen heater on a '63
Avion, go to this page and click on the heater link:

<http://nomoss.com/donhorn/avion_sale/appl.html>

The part of the cover that's removable is the flat part that's flush with
the
outside skin. It has two spring-loaded twist catches at the bottom. The
lower
part of the surface mounted box (it's a mesh screen), is attached to the
cover
plate, and is therefore also removable. The box basically acts as a flue.
The
upper part of that box is attached to the skin and remains stationary.

This is a single example, and I believe it's as originally installed by
Avion,
but I wouldn't necessarily assume that they all were done the same way.
Like
Airstream, Avion had 2 assembly plants (in MI and CA), so there may have
been
variations by location as well as over time.

Don