[VAC] Shower & Water Heater

Still trying to take my AS on its first trip....more problems. Anyone know
how to reach to copper tubing that goes from the on/off valvues in the shower
unit to the outlet for the shower wand. Its behind the fiberglass and
alittle below the tail-light assembly on the right side of the trailer. I
can see no way to get in there and that (of course) is where there is a major
leak. Also, I fired up the water heater- it works but it appears that there
is a water leak from the bottom of the water heater. It runs out under the
carpet around the toilet. I don't think it leaks with the water heater full
but turned off. Is this possible?....that it would only leak when its on.
If its the water heater....how big a project is it to remove the water heater
and check water connections? Friday is the first day of vacation....doesnt
look like AS is going on this trip. Thanks for any suggestions.
Tom Fairbank
1969 Tradewind 24 ft. rear bath