[VAC] Re: Cracks in Fiberglas or plastic end caps help

Blair,

Use a small drill bit to drill a hole at the end of each
crack.  By small I mean about 1/16" drill bit size or
larger.  This procedure is called drilling a "stop drill
hole" as it effectively *stops* this particular crack from
spreading.

A temporary *fix* I think would be to apply a small amount
of silicone sealant to the crack to stop any water leaks.

A permanent fix needs to be discussed with a trailer repair
facility, that is if you wanted to keep the
trailers "original" look and appeal.  If you are just
interested in covering the damaged area you could use what
is called a "scab patch".  If you can't do this yourself
you'd need to consult with a good sheetmetal mechanic that
is familiar with working on aluminum airplanes, etc.

Tom
WBCCI 5303
1969 29' International
Ambassador