[VAC] Re: Fwd: Sticky ceilings

This issue has been addressed many times and the consensus is that the
vinyl get sticky or tacky with no help from cooking, smoking or other
input from the inhabitants.  Take it from an ex 66 Caravel owner.  when
I got my Caravel, I cleaned it and thought the vinyl was coated with
residue from the previous owners. It was triple cleaned and had no
tackiness left.  The trailer sat without being used for 9 months and I
was very unhappy to find the problem had returned.  Cleaned it again and
the problem came back.  You will find this story repeated by 60's owners
and we think it is a property of the vinyl used and possibly the heating
of a trailer sitting in the summer working on that particular coating.
If anyone has solved the problem for good (say, no reoccurrence in two
years or so) I haven't heard of it.  It does come up on the list as new
members and owners of these rigs discover the problem anew.  Anyone who
thinks they have solved it give a shout!
Tom Walden