[VAC] Broken Strut

We have a 1967 Globetrotter that is generally in great condition.  However,
a problem has developed that I need help correcting.  The previous owner had
replaced the air conditioner.  The installation was done by a dealer and
looks professional.  However, it seems that the air conditioner has been
causing the roof to flex and has now caused the rear strut (between the air
conditioner and rear vent) to break.  It actually broke above the overhead
cabinet on the side away from the door.  A couple of exterior rivets have
popped on the strut and you can move the ceiling up and down with your hand.
The roof is now somewhat flatter than it should be and I know the air
conditioner will really bounce over bumpy roads now.  I am concerned that
since the integrity of the arch has been compromised, simply patching the
break is not sufficient.  Also, there appears to be a gap of about 1/4 inch
where the strut broke.

Obviously. Tearing out the interior and adding a new supporting strut would
be the best way to go but I am hoping for an easier solution.  Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated.

We can take this offline if you prefer at jquig@designfusion.com .

Jim Quiggins

1967 Globetrotter, Houston