[VAC] Introduction

Morning,

 Since I am probably going to be with you all for some time to come,thought
I better post an introduction!

 I just discovered this list a week or so ago.....I was aware of the Yahoo
group.but did not realize there was a group specially geared towards vintage
A/S's....was quite excited to stumble upon it!

 Have always loved the Airstreams.Acquired a 13',1975 Trillium last year.I
worked on it solid for several weeks to get it restored.This was my first
experience with using a travel trailer and discovered that I really enjoyed
this way of travel.Added a Weimaraner puppy to my "family" last Fall,and it
soon became apparent that the Trillium was not going to be big enough for 2
adults AND two dogs.That old Airstream dream rise to the surface again and I
began searching in December.Found what we were looking for 2 weeks ago.

 Last weekend,we made the 10 hour drive to Idaho to bring our new baby
home.She's a '67,22 ' Safari in pretty solid shape.Camped in some very cold
temperatures driving back and was very grateful for how well the original
heater works!

 The only thing that is not original in this trailer was the the toilet.I
had a ceramic Sealand installed last week,as I hated the plastic thing that
was in there.

 This trailer will be my fulltime project for some time to come.I began
refinishing the wood  3 days ago...figure it will take another week to get
that finished.Kind of wished I had the ability to re-built some of the
cabinitry...but most of it is in very good shape....so I am just
stripping/sanding it down....staining and varnishing it.....trying to match
what it would have looked like in '67.Mine has a very light wood.....maybe
birch?

 Anyway...I have rambled on long enough....but figure I am going to have a
ton of questiosn as the work progresses.

 Look forward to learning more from you all!

Charlotte
New Westminster,BC,Canada

P.S.Is there anyone from the lower mainland on this list?