[VAC] introduction

Hello everybody,

I have just joined this list and wanted to say hello.  I live in Odessa, Texas and I am wondering if there are other VAC members in this area?  I have been searching for my fist Airstream for about a year now and thought I hadi found it this week.

One of my friends at work told me about an old Airstream that he bet I could pick up for a song.  He and I drove over to see it.  There in tall grass was sitting a neglected Airsteam.  I was so excited because through the broken window I could see a mostly original interior.  The tires were flat and it looked like it has sat there for years.  After some research, I found out who owned the property and things started sounding better.  Come to find out I've gone to church wiht the lady that owns the property for several years.  So I go to talk to her and asks if she might consider selling the old trailer.  "Oh... you mean the antique Airstream.....".  My heart sank.  I knew then she was going to be one of those people that didn't understand that to get high prices for Airstreams you have to spend lots on them to restore them first. " You know someone offered my son $6,000 for it last year and he turned them down..."

So my search continues.....and the 1962 Safari with broken windows and flat tires continues to sit in grass....

Am I the only one who has experienced this???

Tim Baker

Future Vintage Airstream Owner