[VAC] Re: who's got the trailer with cork floors?

Hi Charlotte

Here are some links for cork floor manufacturers. They can probably lead you
in the right direction for your area:
www.arcobel.net
www.wecork.com
http://www.ipocork.com/

You have mentioned that you prefer tiles to planks, the other decision is
prefinished or unfinished. Be sure to open your cork packages, fan the tiles
and allow them to acclimate to your trailer (about 48 hours) prior to
installation. Otherwise you may see shrinkage (in a dry region) or buckling
(in humid areas). Also leave a small expansion gap where you can, if a tile
is forced in to a tight spot it will likely pop later.

I am a wood floor distributor and had some cork in my last house. It was
easy to look after, durable and comfortable. It is also about the most
environmentally friendly floor you can use. Cork Oak trees grow mainly in
Portugal and their bark (cork) can be harvested every 9 years with no harm
to the tree.

Still not sure what I am going to use for a floor in my 66 TradeWind. I love
cork but am feeling a need to stay as original as possible. We'll see.

Take Care
Terry O'Neill
Calgary
66 Trade-Wind Double