[VAC] 1966 Windows

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've been reading VACList for a few months and I'm so impressed with the wealth of knowledge you folks share. I hope to become a vital participant.  I'm a new owner of a '66 Globe Trotter that is basically sound and original. It suffers from some prior poor workmanship, but I'm in the process of rectifying those situations. I have many questions, but I'll start with just one. My first impression of the frameless Corning windows was that they were beautiful and, having just completed the successful resurrection of an old Lord & Burham greenhouse, I have gained a new respect for tempered glass. However, upon closer inspection, I'm concerned that the mechanism for supporting the window when open is insufficent. It seems that if the wind is blowing while the windows are open, they will be extremly stressed at the hinge point. Does anybody have any experience with these windows?
Thank you,
Rick Langer
Putnam Valley, NY