[VAC] Re: Clecos Size

WOW a #30 drill bit is and oversize 1/8?
I've been doing sheetmetal work on planes wrong for twenty years.
A 1/8 solid rivet is the same as a 1/8 pull type at least the ones I've used.
There are varying sizes of oversize fasteners, normally increasing by 1/32 each oversize, you can get 1/64 oversize too.
A bucked fastener (solid rivet) is much better than a pull type. Cherry and Olympic do make self locking pull fasteners, which work very well, although Cherry fasteners are more consistent in the bulb size and pull length of their fasteners.
Pull type fasteners also come in single action and double action, depending on self locking feature, so watch out if this is what your looking to purchase, the same gun/nose assembly setup want shoot/pull both styles (single/double action). Well maybe the gun will but then you will need a different nose assembly.
Also another two cents. When replacing a skin section why not seal the entire edge before you fasten the skin together?
This works great on planes, although it does make a mess on the clecos and bucking bars, but at least it provides a better (faying surface seal) seal than putting caulk on each rivet.

Bobby
USAF Retired