[VAC] Re: ront "gaucho" '

Dear Paula,

We are restoring our front couch or gaucho and we'll have very complete info
on that soon for the VAC members who need it. The only '67 Caravel we have
seen had two couches, one that pulled out and the cushions just kind of
unfolded and fell into place. That was the street side couch. Then there was
a curved couch at the front that didn't pull out at all but some extra pieces
in a storage cupboard behind the table could be added to it to make a small
squarish bed. The smaller cushions filled in the curved area you might be
asking about to complete the bed. Perhaps those are missing?

Our rig has only the front couch that extends to a 74" x 48" bed when pulled
out. That bed consists of three cushions. 1: the couch, 2: the bolster, 3:
the curved cushion over the water tank. Many rigs have that arrangement but
so far few are exactly like ours! That curved cushion becomes part of the bed.

Perhaps a fellow '67 Caravel owner will help you furthur. Good luck, Stuart
and Bonnie. Ps please go to the notices section and see what's coming up in
Borrego Springs, Ca.!