[VAC] Vacuum Cleaner

Hi Randy,

Daisy hit the nail on the head when she mentioned you will be disappointed
by 12 volt vacs. I'd second her idea of looking for a small 120 volt vacuum.

Fifteen years ago, we found an old Kirby with a long handle for using in a
house and a short handle for using in small spaces. I detached the long
handle and installed the short handle. This vacuum always travels in our '67
22' Safari. The entire unit fits neatly in one of the compartments.

These long lasting, very powerful, noisy, old workhorse vacuums can be found
for a song at garage sales and flea markets. Most suburbanites consider them
obsolete, i.e. they look old, they don't have convenient storage built into
their plastic housing, they don't have "throw away" bags and don't have a
slew of other improvements that modern vacuums have.  But, they sure can
suck the dirt out of every nook, cranny and crevice. Plus, they are still
repairable at any Kirby dealership.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@mac.com