[VAC] Re: marTire (was) What are they?

When setting the system up, you program three values....the normal tire
pressure,
the alert pressure (usually 5 lbs less than normal), and the alarm pressure
(about three
lbs less than the alert).  The system will sound a tone when any tire
reaches the alert pressure....it beeps.  If the tire continues to deflate to
the alarm pressure, then a red light flashes.

BUT.....since this is a polling system, the alert/alarm could be delayed.
In any case, a blowout at 60+ mph will manifest itself in more dramatic ways
than any beep, :-), and probably simultaneous with the alarm system.

I'm not dissatisfied with the system.  It's a low pressure warning tool, and
does what it is advertised to do.  If your blowout is due to not checking
your pressures before driving then the system isn't for you.  I have a
tandem axle trailer, so it works for me since there wouldn't be much damage
in most cases.  I'd put it on a single axle trailer too, but also I'd be
careful to do my daily checks as a backup.

Roger

Roger Hightower
WBCCI 4165, VAC, TCT
1975 31' Sovereign