[VAC] Re: Installing a trans temp gauge

Dan & Dave,
 FWIW: When I installed a trans temp guage in my Dodge, I soldered a
fitting onto the side of the pan and screwed the fitting into it. My
second choice would be in the line going TO the cooler, not returning
from it.

Soldering the fitting onto the pan was done at the same time I changed
the oil & filter, so the pan was already off. Naturally, I also soldered
on another fitting with a drain plug to make draining the oil easier.

                                           <<Jim>>