[VAC] Re: Installing a trans temp gauge

Dave:

Thanks for the complete report, and for your tips. This is a job that I plan
to do some time, and I've saved your advice.

Question: do you mean by installing the gauge in the "return" line from the
cooler to the transmission, that you are measuring the temp of the cooled
oil, rather than the temp of the oil as it leaves the trans and goes to the
cooler? If so, would it be possible to rig the same gauge to the line from
the trans to the cooler? Other discussions of this topic here seem to have
the consensus that you want to measure the oil at it hottest, not it's
coolest, to know what the temp in the transmission is, which, after all, is
the only thing that really matters.

Dan