[VAC] Re: FW: Same language different electrics?

Steve,

The white conductor is the grounded (neutral) conductor, the black is the hot leg
and, as in the UK and I assume the rest of Europe, the green is the grounding
(earthing I think you call it).  If you are going to fit an American RV type cord
cap and body, you will find a white metal screw, which is for the neutral, brass
screw, the hot leg, and a green for the ground.  Note that your AC is 50 Hz, while
here in the states we use 60 Hz.  The only things in an Airstream that would be
affected by that are the speed of the air conditioner fan (probably no difficulty)
and compressor ( THAT I would be concerned about).  To tell the truth, never having
had my A/C unit apart, I don't know that they are one and the same motor, but in
any event I would watch any kind of motor load like that carefully.  There may be
some implication to the ferroresonant circuit in the Univolt, as well, but being
thoroughly unfamiliar with that circuit all I can suggest is that you solicit
advice from someone who knows the theory.

Welcome to the world of cylindrical living.

Matt (English by virtue of 31-1/2 years of matrimonial association)