[VAC] Re: FW: Same language different electrics?

Steve,

Congrats on your Tradewind.

The US wiring code is :-
Live = Black
Neutral = White
Ground = Green

The other concern is that in the frequency of the 110v supply in the
US is 60 Hz where the 240v in the UK is 50 Hz.
This may effect the Univolt, I know it uses some sort of
ferro-resonance, but I don't know how sensitive it is to input
frequency, possibly very. Of course since the Univolt is basically a
battery boiling device if left connected all the time, you should
probably replace it with modern converter/ battery charger unit. You
can probably get such a ting that will take a 240v input and thus
lower the load on the transformer. Doing so will also drop the noise
level since the Univolt is a noisy device.

So long as any electric motors, if there are any, run on DC, you
should be OK, otherwise you may have to replace the motor.

Cheers,
Brian