[VAC] Re: Stereo Installation, 69 Overlander Int'l

Jeff, that's a puzzle. I'm in the process of installing the same arrangement in the front overhead of my ' 68 Tradewind. I think maybe I had better go turn on the water pump and see what happens. ;-)  So far, my installation is working fine and sounds better than I expected with the speakers that were already installed. On the left corner of the overhead I found red and white heavy wires capped off with wire nuts. I used those for my power source. I still need to hook up the CD player, which is a project for today.

Somebody said their Univolt had two voltage outputs -- which was news to me because the three Airstreams I have owned only had one as far as I ever knew. (I replaced the Univolt from my coach with the InteliPower 55 amp converter and the Charge Wizard.) Whoever had two output voltages from their Univolt said one of them was something like 19.2 VDC which ran the WATER PUMP and the fans as I recall. Maybe your stereo is hooked to an over voltage source of power and it's frying the electronics in your stereo system.
I would have thought the installers at Screwup City would have checked the voltage after the first unit didn't survive the smoke test.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind