[VAC] Re: Stereo Installation, 69 Overlander Int'l

Jeff,
 Before you let the Factory Smoke out of any more stereos, you should do
some testing:

Ohmmeter the speaker lines to be sure they're not shorted out nor
grounded in any way.

Do a voltage test on the wires you're using for a feed, especially when
the pump is running. If your battery and/or connections are bad, you'll
get severe voltage drop when the pump cycles to 'on'.

You might well get some static in the radio when the pump or furnace
blower is running, as those brush-type motors generate lots of
electrical noise.

Our A/S had enough voltage drop that it would affect the TV when the
pump cycled. Although I never quite got around to it, my solution was
going to be the installation of a small (2 AH) 12 volt gelcell battery
to feed the TV and charge it through a diode from the main system. I
figured that it would make the ultimate filter.

                                                <<Jim>>