[VAC] how to buy my first Airstream- Help!

Friends....

I have narrowed my Airstream search down to a 27 to 29 foot Overlander or
Ambassador from the 1970's.  It will just fit in my driveway, I can tow it
with my pickup, and it will fit in smaller camp sites.

While I like the looks of Airstreams from the 1960s, I thought that it
would be harder to find parts for older Airstreams when I try to repair and
refurbish it.  I may be wrong about that...??

Anyway, I understand that some longer Airstreams tend to droop in the rear
if a fix was not installed.  Some posts to this mailing list have a tag
line that says something like "center bathroom" .  Is that a option I
should look for in a 27 to 29 foot trailer? How do I find out if a rear
bath has the "fix" installed to stop rear droop?  Does anyone have a
picture of this fix?

I have a good eye, and I have been involved with restoration of old cars,
but I admit to not knowing a thing about Airstreams. I am not sure what to
look for. Help!

Do I look for:

Broken frame?  How

wood rot?  How?

Break or wheel types?

Center bath better?

Anything else?

I am in Portland Oregon.  If you have a Airstream for sale and are in my
area (Oregon or Washington) drop me a line.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jack