[VAC] Re: Ha, I think I found my Truck, finally.

Todd,

    I don't want to alarm anyone, however I have heard that the bugs have not
been worked out of the new allison. Last weekend at the PA Rally a fellow
pulled up to the dump station with a new chevy 2500 HD. Beautiful looking
truck, new diesel with allison tranny. I inquired about his experience with
it. He replied it will pull anything you hook up to it but has problems with
the shift patterns. He said going uphill it will drop 2 gears and then jump
up one. Also said chevy is trying to correct the situation but at this time
they do not have the solution.  He is hoping that the abrupt down shifting
doesn't damage it before it gets worked out. This is in line with what the
service manager of our local dealer said earlier this year. Maybe it is a
coincidence I haven't seen any major recalls on this. But I thought it is
worth the heads up.

J.L.Dietz #4361
97 2500 Chevy Express
75 Overlander