[VAC] "Hello" to all.............

James Westrich here, #7093. Western Ky. Lakes Unit, Region (5).

Guess I'm one of the "rookies". Bought my '78, 25' Tradewind refurb in '97.  Attended my first ralley two weeks ago..most enjoyable indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learned there of a "silent recall" on Goodyear Marathon tires. My size: ST-225/75R15's,  load range "C". Max. pressure: 50 psi.  These tires were on the trailer @ time of purchase.

I was told by  Southern Ill. Unit Pres., that he had three tire failures with the very tire I have. He complained to Goodyear & learned of the silent recall. All (6) of his were replaced prorata on tread depth.

I called the local Goodyear folks &  will have all (5) replaced next Friday as per above. No static, no excuses. Just a friendly: "Come on in".  The replacements are the next  higher load range, having a 65 psi max inflation rating, with a circle "S" @ the end of the name Marathon. Goodyear admitted to me, that there is a problem with the tires not having the circle "S". If any of you have these Marathons I described, it would be a good idea to contact your local Goodyear dealer for prorata replacement. I guess one could run the questionable tires to the casings & MAY not experience a problem. I'd be wary in hot climates, speeds 60 & above with the old tires, even if they are new.

I feel like I'm crashing the party here, as my trailer won't qualify for VAC status until 2003. Hope nobody minds.

One of the postings here asked about generators. I have operated my a/c & all 110v stuff on a cheap Coleman 2500 watt unit. Never did kick off, just so noisy. So I bought a 4000 watt Generac from Camping World. Not received as of this writing. Will report on performance later.  2500 watt unit seemed to pull the load fine with the coffee pot, microwave, tv, a/c, etc. all running same times. Not all for (8) hrs. straight, however. Thought the bigger unit a good buy.

Hope all readers experience continued good health.

Warm wishes..........

Jim Westrich, 7093.

Morganfield, Ky.

jjwest@apex.net