[VAC] Re: Rivet shaver

Bill mentioned drilling out the rivets.  I have found removing the external
convex head rivets very easy using a chisel.  A sharp wood chisel works well.
You do have to get the correct angle so you don't gouge the skin.

I use a 1/2" wide chisel and a rubber mallet.  Line up the chisel at the base
of the rivit head.  Keeping the chisel as parallel to the skin as possible.  A
couple of taps with the mallet (or one good hit) and the head comes right
off.  The shaft can be pushed into the inside of the wall.

Just a word of warning to take it easy at first until you get a feel for the
alignment and how hard to hit the chisel.  You don't want to put a gouge in
the skin.

- Mike Thornton