[VAC] Re: Hydraulic brake conversion

While doing the conversion to electric on the HADCO axle, I also
gathered the info on converting the post 1961 axles for Bryan Burkart,
our Vintage Advantage editor and his '63 Flying Cloud.

What axle do you have, the Henschen trailing arm type (no leaf springs)?
 If so, Dexter makes bolt on loaded backing plates and hub armature
plates for it.  Measure the diameter of your existing backing plate.  If
it is 13 3/4 inches, it'll work.  The p/n is PI-23-1056 and they have
different armature plates to match your hubs.

Kelsey makes an electric to hydraulic controller, but you are looking at
about spending as much as a new axle!

I know that Paul Farley on this List had someone convert his GT
hydraulic axle to electric for about $300 - and someone else got to get
all greasy!

RJ
'57 Flying Cloud