[VAC] generators

I know I should have saved all the posts on generators BUT wasn't smart since
now am thinking of buying a Hondo 3000 to use to run my a/c in the A/S while
down on the Colorado river next month.     I been down there many times nd
sometimes it is hot and sometimes just nice and when it is hot the only motel is
booked solid so I can't escape.    Have any of you used  one to run your a/c?
Since I have not run the a/c for nearly a year am having an excellent RV service
remove the shroud and clean and service it before the trip so it should work on
the gnerator!   When I looked at one the plug was not one I could plug the
trailer plug into so would need an adapter or is there a heavy duty cord
available that I could plug the trailer cord into?     I need all your
wisdom!     Pearl