[VAC] Re: Dometic M52

Wow, Gary! I see what you mean about difficult. Mine was nothing like that.
There were two screws in each of the runners (front and back on both sides)
and two "L" shaped angle irons screwed into the underside of the counter top
and into the left top edge of the fridge which were revealed when I took
down the bulkhead panel by the door. There were two screws in the right
front edge of the fridge thru the door frame of the cabinet on the right
side of the fridge. Basically, I took out 8 more or less accessible screws
and the fridge slid out the front from under the counter top after
disconnecting the gas line and 110V service.

As best I can remember from about 1985 or so, pulling out the fridge from my
' 73 Sovereign was about the same process although the screws may have been
located differently. It was not hard to get the old fridge out or to install
the new one. I believe the replacement fridge in the Sovereign may have been
the exact same model Dometic that went bad and I took out.

It's obvious that your replacement was a much more involved job than in the
case of my Tradewind. Hard to believe I lucked out with a relatively easy
switch out. That may have been the first time that ever happened. ;-)

Regards,

Jim Greene
 ' 68 Tradewind