[VAC] Re: Front window won't open all the way

Dan,

This summer I replaced most of the plastic brackets that go inside the
window channels because over the years the bottom "step" in the brackets had
broken out.  I put them all back in the original position which allows use
of all the steps in the brackets.  The top step holds each window (including
the big front window) somewhat below horizontal.  I wonder if your brackets
were somehow mounted higher than the original position.

Changing the brackets (plus installing new screen material and the fuzzy
stuff that fits around the operating rods to keep bugs out) was one of the
easier parts of our restoration.

Re your question on oil change intervals, for what its worth, we have two
1997 model Euro cars, both with high performance four cylinder engines.  One
has a fixed oil change interval of 7,500 miles and the other has a computer
which (I've been told) counts the starts and severity of operation and
calculates the oil change interval.  This one calls for oil changes at
intervals of about 9,000 miles.

By the way, our '73 Argosy (22 Foot) is finally ready to travel.  We are
plan to leave Thursday for a couple of weeks in Southeast (Florida, etc.).
Afterwards will send you and the VAC list an update on the restoration
project and how the trip went.

Keith Williams
1973 Argosy