[VAC] '71 Safari Value

Hi Carrie:

Putting value on an older AS is a very subjective process, aside from
condition & options so much depends on the economy, location, and time of
year.  Right now people are avoiding buying big ticket items because the
economy has slowed and lay-offs are occurring.  Are you located in a
populated area where people can come by to see it?  If it's a 9 on a scale
of 1 to 10, in a strong economy, around May-June I'd estimate you could get
as much as $8000.00, but more likely $6500.00.  Unless it's a Bambi or a
newer unit, I can't see getting much more.  There is of course a chance
you'll find a first time buyer or someone who has always wanted a '71
Safari, who is will to pay a little more to satisfy their desire to own an
AS.  I bought a '68 Safari a couple years ago, put about $1500.00 and my
time into restoring it and sold the trailer for $4300.00.   If you ask a
given price and it doesn't sell during April-June, your probably a little
high, adjust and try again.

Hope that helps.