[VAC] Battery Box water leak

Rainwater is leaking onto the floor in the closet of my rear bath from the
house battery box. Door seal appears good. Looks like it has leaked there
for a long time. At first I thought it was boil-over from the battery, which
it may have been, but I removed the batter, and still get the water when it
rains. Has anyone solved this particular leak? I'm tempted to remove the
whole battery box, along with the soggy wood shoring it up, and redo the
whole thing. Anyone tried? Advice?

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26