[VAC] Synthetic oil change intervals?

I'm running synthetic oil in my vehicle now, and I'm wondering what the
appropriate change interval should be. I always used to change oil and
filter every 3,000 miles, which is the "hard service" recommendation in my
owner's manual. I'm not giving my vehicle hard service at the moment, so I'm
tempted to run the synthetic the 7,500 miles recommended for "normal
service." I tend to run cars forever, and if I should be changing the oil
more often, I will. My car loves the synthetic, by the way--has used None in
the 6k miles I've had it in, and a lifter tick common to this model
disappeared after a few k, i suspect because the synthetic flows better
through small passages and/or cleaned them out. Any suggestions on the
change interval? Jim D? Anyone?

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26
88 Merkur Scorpio (Not my puller!)