[VAC] Winterizing?

Hi All,

Sad that the summer is gone and I haven't filled my water lines.  On the
happy side, I don't have to do any winterizing.

Anyway, there's been some discussion of using auto antifreeze and/or
kerosene to winterize the traps.  Both of these are bad ideas as they will
destroy the gaskets in the holding tank!  Not a nice  thought.  I doubt that
the water in the traps would cause any freeze damage as the ice isn't
contained and can expand.  OTOH, I noticed that Camping World sells a
non-toxic antifreeze for recreation vehicles.  After the blow-out of all the
lines, the CW stuff should make treating the traps a pleasant task.

I put a lot of planning into the layout of the replacement PEX plumbing for
my Safari to assure that most of the water would run out the fore and aft
drains when the Safari is tipped with the tongue jack.  The water in the
traps remains.  Just a thought, but the holding tank sanitizer in it's
concentrated form most likely will make an excellent trap antifreeze.  I
want some of this good stuff in the holding tank to lubricate the seals.

One thing I found from my restoration is that the water pump doesn't drain
and can be damaged if not manually drained.  Air pressure and drain valves
doesn't seem to do the job.

Just my thoughts and I can be flamed if any on the list so desires.

                                                  '69 Safari, Joy