[VAC] Re: 1974 Argosy 26'

Carrie,
It all depends on who you talk to...
when I told my mom I had bought an argosy --- she questioned me as
how I could have stooped so low as to buy one....
Argosy was the "cheaper and experimental" version of the well established
airstream. I think airstream realized that there were
losing a huge market share buy not having a lower priced "airstream".

Typically an argosy recieved last years parts (left overs) from the
prior years airstream "run"... Some items where not as plush as in the
airstream ---- but for me airstream stood for quality and an therefore
the argosy is a high quality trailer.

Personally I don't think the rest of the world has NOT caught on to the idea
of what a great trailer (how well built) the argosy is.
I picked up my 26' 1973 argosy for $1800.00 --- but it needs a lot of
work...I.e. the previous owner "painted" snow seal over the entire
trailer..."Snow seal" is a white rubber compound used for mobile home roofs.

Now then, being the addict I am --- I couldn't resist !!! I love all the
storage space the living space and all the conviencance found in
airstream...My wife on the other hand dosen't have the vision about this
trailer like I do and wants me to sell it...

good luck,,,
Kris