[VAC] Re: Eletric Water Heater

Bobby,

I don't think that you would have enough power available at a lot of
campsites to run an electric water heater.  If the current draw was low
enough to fit into a 20 amp circuit (usually what you have on the
"standard" outlet) the recovery time would probably be a couple of
hours.  Not all sites have the 30 amp outlet, so you have to go with
worst case scenario, or live with cold showers.  I haven't taken the
time to measure my current draw yet, but with the AC taking an estimated
12 amps, that doesn't leave a lot for radio, converter, computer, etc.
let alone a water heater.  You can definitely forget about "limited
electric" at any rallies.

Matt