[VAC] Re: Floor Repair

Daisy,

I have just finished repairing the floor in my '70
Overlander using the same methods you described
(penetrating epoxy and structural epoxy filler).  I got
both items here in Seattle and didn't have to pay
shipping (the filler is quite spendy though).  I still
have to make the floor level and smooth before I can
install the vinyl and pad so your experience is
helpfull.  The filler said it was sandable, but I found
it to take a lot of muscle to work it down and it also
filled up the sand paper quickly, even though I used a
course grit.  I'm finishing it off with "Rock Putty"
from Home Depot 'cause it'll sand a lot easier.  But,
you're quite right, this floor will never rot.

Gary Murrell
'70 27' Overlander
http:\\home.att.net\~smgm