[VAC] Re: The Average Age of an Airstreamer Enthusiast?

I bought my first Airstream, a 1978 24' Argosy, three years ago, when I was
24.  I drove 13 hours to Boston to pick it up.  Now I'm doing a complete
restoration on a 1976 28' Argosy.

When I was 12, my best friend, his brother, another friend, myself, and his
parents, spent 7 weeks travelling across Canada and the United States in a
1976 28' Argosy.  We went to Expo '86, and saw everything from the Canadian
Prairies, to the Rockies, California Redwoods, Grand Canyon, the White
Mountains, and everything in between.  It definitely helped foster a love
for travelling/camping, and a love for Airstream trailers.

Incidentally, his father still has that 1976 28' Argosy, and just returned
from his 4th trip across Canada and the U.S.  Oh yeah...his son also has a
1976 28' Argosy, and I'm rebuilding one.  (My friend and I also have the
exact same tow vehicle...right down to the color.  We get a good laugh out
of people's reactions when they see us drive by...one behind the other.)

Jamie