[VAC] Re:

Jim: I'd try some automotive polish that's rated OK to use on fiberlass
(most of it is). Ideally, I'd apply it with a foam applicator pad on a
random orbit sander. Work it on gently and see if you can polish the stain
out of the gelcoat that way. If the stain's really deep in the gelcoat, you
might try 400 or 600-grit wet-or-dry sandpaper. I'd use it wet and by hand,
then follow up with a machine polish as above.

Incidentally, a 5" random orbit sander and foam applicator pad worked great
when polishing and waxing my painted Argosy. It gently removed black
streaks, oxidation, brightened up the chrome, and really made the paint
glaw, for very little effort (well, at least compared to doing it by hand!),
and without need to invest in an expensive polisher. I used Maguire's
one-step cleaner wax.

Dan
75 Argosy 26