[VAC] Re: Noisy Dometic

Hi Dan,

I couldn't help responding to your earlier posting. My fridge still thinks
she's a freezer so I'm making ice blocks for my ice chests until I can get
her back in line again.  The upside is we can buy boxes of ice cream that
would never fit in the dinky freezer.

While you are looking for ear plugs, check WalMart toward the end of the
year when they sell their one year old Atlas for $2 (the one with all the
store locations documented).  Cracker Barrel has a brochure listing all
their locations.  If you don't have "The Trucker's Friend," that's a good
one to buy at a truck stop (less than $15), because it identifies which
locations are "RV Friendly." Flying J stations give RVers a .01 cent a
gallon discount if they have an RVers card (application at the desk).

As for truck stop noise, if I see an area of the parking lot where it looks
like trucks won't be parking (such as the outside edge of the car parking
lot), I ask the person on duty if they'd object to me parking over there.
Never once have I been refused. The nice thing about Flying J is I can
collect email at the dining table when we go in for breakfast.  It doesn't
qualify as a romantic eat out, but we have found them enjoyable.

Ear plugs become less noticeable the more often they are worn. Some rallies
are noisier than others and occasionally at stage shows, the loud speakers
are too close for comfort. Voila` - ear plugs.

Monday, we're off on our annual two week pilgrimage to God's country - our
favorite Adirondack mountains and privacy campsites (in state parks) on
beautiful lakes. We're taking our GMC Suburban (6.2 L diesel) with our '67
22' Safari. Both are all packed and have had a short test drive. Before we
return in mid August, we're going to the Mount Washington Vintage Rally in
North Conway, New Hampshire.

Did you know that tree harvesting can be a slow go with more delays than you
can shake a stick at? It's a good thing I never had to earn a living at it.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net