[VAC] A/C Questions

There has been some discussion over a replacement A/C for airstreams.  What
I have read is the current model to get is the Duo Therm Penguin because you
can get an drain pan for it from Airstream to use the existing drain tube.

Today I checked out Camping World since they have a give away with their Duo
Therms until Tuesday.  They also say they will install for $10.  After
talking to them and explaining about the Airstream, they said the $10
install does not apply and it would be around $250 to install + $125  for
the drain pan +$611 for the A/C.  They also said they thought only Coleman
had the pans but they are checking on this.

So, I decided to call a local (50 miles away) Airstream dealer.  They said
they sell Carrier A/C's for $750 installed.  So I asked about the drain pan
and they said they don't use them and the water will just run down the side.

Here is the question.  Can I install any brand A/C realizing that the
condensation will run down the side.  Is that ok?  It looks like I will be
trying to install it myself.  Does the original Armstrong A/C use the
standard 14"x14" hole?

Do the A/C's come with install instructions?  Anyone know of a website
showing the installation of a roof A/C?  What brand A/C is recommeded?

Thanks!

-Tim
'71 Safari