[VAC] Re: Window Leaks

Simpler than fussing with the roof vent, why not close it and feed the
air pressure in through the refrigerator vent (might need to use plastic
utility storage box to cover the whole vent and copious duct tape to
hold it in place). The refrigerator air intake through the floor will
need to be closed.

Or feed pressure through the stove exhaust fan. Block everything else
off. For pressure through a small hose a shop vac will produce a greater
pressure (but not so much volume so will take longer to raise the
trailer pressure). And the shop vac comes plumbed to hoses. It has been
possible to buy flanged hose end fittings for making custom shop clean
up tools. For that matter, the fitting on my Caravel where water and
electric plugs go it would accept a shop vac pressure hose built up with
a bit of tape... Then all that need be done is close the refrigerator
bottom and top vents. If there's air passed out through the furnace vent
outside that shows the furnace heat exchanger or venting is broken and
it can't be used safely.

One caution I can see is that air may leak in a path passing down from
inside and water isn't likely to run UP that path.

I just (a month or so ago) ran a bed of Vulkem along every seam on the
roof and that cured my last leak around the TV antenna remains.

Gerald J.