[VAC] Re: Fridge on the Fritz

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Re: Fridge on the Fritz
Wendy,
Jim's right, the ice buildup is probably caused by freezing the moisture
in the air, and as the freezer coils are the coldest, it condenses
there. The usual sources is a leaking refer door seal, freezer door, or
missing insulation where the tubes or thermocouple comes through the
carcass.

While on the subject of refer seals, I just replaced a set on a 1957
Kreft refer using generic seal stock from an appliance parts store. It
has a flange that secures behind the retainer strip, just like the
original. Parts guy says all places should have it.  Used a piece of
seal with a wedge cut-out as a splice in the corners and sealed in place
with gray silicone.  Will eventually make this a Restoration Topic for
my website with pictures, but I have so much to do with VAC site, it
will be awhile.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com