[VAC] Use Of Hydraulic-Electric Brake Controller in a Late Model Dodge Ram

Jim,

I just took delivery of a new 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab SLT w/Cummins HO,
6 speed close ratio manual transmission, and 3.54 anti-spin differential
last Friday afternoon.  I am really impressed with the way it drives,
handles, tows, and with it's initial miserly consumption of fuel.

I'm having trouble finding a Tee fitting to allow installation of my beloved
new/old Kelsey-Hayes hydraulic-electric brake controller that I want to
transfer from my now-retired Ford.  I tried NAPA today as well as several
other parts houses here in Lubbock and had no success.

Do you have a manufacturer's name and part number for the Tee fitting you
are using?  Is it a metric or SAE fitting?

What year is your Dodge?  Do you or anyone else on the list know if your
truck uses the same brake master cylinder as mine?  The 2001 uses what looks
to be a very sophisticated electronic proportioning valve to balance front
and rear brakes.   I don't know but the literature seems to indicate that
the electronic proportioning valve is a recent development.

I'd sure like to reinstall the great old hydraulic-electric controller.  I
got real spoiled with it's performance over the recent several months since
I installed it in my Ford.

Harvey